From the time that the Lodge moved to the Masonic Hall, the Festive Board was held at the Complete Angler Hotel, except during the war when a social buffet was held at the Chequers Hotel. After the war, Festive Boards were first held at the Crown Hotel and later at the George and Dragon Hotel.
In the autumn of 1970 several members of the Lodge called a meeting of representatives of the other Lodges and Chapters using the Temple with the view that alterations and improvements could be made to provide kitchens, dining accommodation, a bar and lounge so that the premises could be made a complete home for the members. Meetings continued and on 4 September 1972 a plan was approved at an estimated cost of £28,000 and completed in May 1974. The Lodge still meets at the Masonic Hall which is now renamed the Marlow Masonic Centre.
FREEMASONS’ HALL AND THE HALL STONE JEWEL
The decision of the Grand Lodge after the Great War (1914-
A silver personal members jewel
A gilded Master’s collarette jewel